Termite Extermination in the Greater Phoenix, AZ Area
Termites consume anything that contains cellulose, which includes, wood, leather, fur, paper, feathers and many other natural materials. This means that your books, clothes, wallpaper and even the wood frame of your house are not safe from termites. With more than $2 billion worth of damage caused by termites annually, it's easy to understand why these winged insects are such a problem. If you notice any signs of termites, call Core Pest Solutions to request expert termite extermination in Phoenix or the surrounding Arizona communities.
Signs of a Termite Infestation
Termites can be difficult to detect until damage becomes apparent, that's why it is important to be diligent about inspecting for termites on a regular basis. If you encounter any of these signs of termites, call Core Pest Solutions to schedule a termite inspection.
- Discarded Wings - Swarming termites will discard their wings once they reach a final destination.
- Hollow Sounding Wood - If normally solid wood sounds hollow when tapped, termites may be to blame.
- Mud Tubes - Long, thin mud tubes are often an indication that a termite nest is near. Termites use these tubes to move through the ground.
- Wood Damage - Termite damage can take on various forms, depending on the stage it is in. It may look like water damage, rippled wood, buckled wood, swollen wood or there may be a visible maze carved into the wood.
- Termite Swarm - If you see termites, you've got a problem. Don't delay calling us to figure out where they're coming from and to remove them from your property.
Pre-Construction Termite Treatments in Phoenix
Pre-Construction Termite Treatments, also known as a "Pre-Treat," are completed on most new structures to prevent termites from settling during the initial construction process. We perform pre-construction termite treatments in Phoenix and the surrounding areas. This process consists of termiticides being applied to the soil before the slab is poured. This is done as a means of blocking concealed access of subterranean termites (not dry wood termites) to a structure. The preventative cost of a pre-construction treatment is minimal in comparison to the monetary damages termites can cause a home after it is built. There are three common types of pre-construction termite treatments that we perform:
- Soil Treatment: Core Pest Solutions will pretreat the soil before the concrete slab is poured. This is the most common method of termite pretreatment for new construction projects.
- Borate Treatment: Core Pest Solutions will treat the wood studs of the structure at the dried-in stage of construction. This product is a good alternative to a soil treatment, and also considered a green termite treatment.
- Termi-mesh: Termi-mesh is a green physical termite barrier commonly applied to the piping penetrations right before the concrete slab is poured. This finely woven mesh will last the lifetime of the structure, and termites cannot penetrate this high quality stainless steel barrier. Termi-mesh, in most cases, can only be used as an add-on termite service and not a stand alone treatment for new construction projects.
When to Call a Termite Exterminator
Termite control should not be attempted as a DIY project, as it requires extensive skill and the appropriate tools and materials to properly complete. You should call our Phoenix termite exterminator team if you encounter any signs of termites, as mentioned above. We will complete a thorough analysis of your property to determine the best course of action to eradicate the termites. For more information or a quote for termite removal in Phoenix, please give us a call.
Phoenix Termite Removal Services
When our trained team performs termite removal, you can expect excellent results. Whether we use bait stations or liquid termiticides, our Phoenix termite treatments are completely safe for your family and pets, yet highly effective.
We encourage home and business owners to schedule annual termite inspections to minimize the possibility of damage caused by these nasty insects. To learn more about our termite services, or to schedule a termite inspection in Phoenix or the surrounding Arizona communities, please give us a call at (623) 400-8981. Our termite treatments includes a one year warranty.